Skip to content
- Cost-effective solid state replacement of aviation mass inertia Gyroscopes used in early work class ROVs.
- Immunity to shock and vibration during launch / recovery and road transportation.
- Avoid the inconvenience of removal for servicing / replacement of wearing parts.
- Bulky 400Hz power supplies create heat and occupy volume.
- Low cost sensors are typically simple flux gates. These have a slow response to change which prevents effective auto pilot heading hold facility.
- Installation space is at a premium, must fit within footprint of old system
- Ease of installation
- Ease of use
- Zero maintenance
- Solid state multi sensor module, 3 axis magnetometers, two axis rate gyros and two axis accelerometer provide accurate and fast follow up response
- Equivalent fidelity to rotational mass inertia technology, essential for effective auto pilot heading lock function
- Provides Pitch and Roll data intrinsic to sensor array
- ROV Electronics interface card replaces the original mass inertia gyro interface. This provides all power supplies and output connections
- The GyRov solid state solution fits into the footprint area of the original installation. A lightweight cable connects this directly to the interface board. No new wiring necessary
- Electrical installation once access is gained to the ROV pod is about 5 Minutes
- Successfully fitted to Scorpio, Diablo, Demon, Explorer and Triton XL Work Class ROVs as well as Sea Eye Falcon observation ROV